NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing
The VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills that you need to be a hairstylist. The course consists of both mandatory and optional units. The optional units can help you shape your future career. Throughout the course, you’ll be asked to gather evidence of both your practical skills and knowledge to create a portfolio. Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to become State Registered Hairdressers with the Hair Council.Course Dates
|Price||Starter Kit||Exam Fee|
You need 58 credits in total to qualify for your NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing. You can get the credits by completing a series of mandatory and optional units.
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Provision of consultation services
- Hair colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Contributing to the financial effectiveness of the business
You will be assessed for the course via a mixture of internal and external assessments. You’ll be given an assessment book which must be kept safe and completed to show you have understood and completed all learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
Progression leading on to Hair Extensions, Bridal styling and Make Up Pro.
Bespoke Refresher courses are available on quotation to meet the individual needs of the student.
Embarking on a career as a State Registered hairdresser can be very exciting, and there are several different paths that you can go down. Here are some examples of careers after completing your Level 3 qualification:
- Working in a commercial hair salon.
- Working as a self-employed stylist (i.e. mobile or home-based)
- Worked for the armed services or the prison service.
- Working on a cruise liner.
- Working in television, film, theatre or media.
- Working in product manufacturing.
You may also wish to move on to a Level 4 qualification.
To be accepted on to the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing, you will need to already have a Level 2 qualification in hairdressing. You may also have experience of an apprenticeship in hairdressing. You must also have a qualification in English and Maths at GCSE level. A deposit of £200 is required to secure your place. Refunds are not given unless you give a cancellation notice 7 days before the course is due to start.